Geographic Information and Analysis System (GIS) presentation
OpenApp, an Irish SME, has developed a Geographic Information and Analysis System by combining of a number of Open Source technologies including Zope3. Mel McIntyre present the application in Brussels on Jul 17. The goal is to investigate its possible reuse as a PloneGov application.
from 09:30 to 13:00
|Where||European University Association, Brussels, Belgium|
|Contact Name||Nicolas Bossut|
|Add event to calendar||
Aspects we would like to highlight are the following:
- Presentation - Presents data in a standard Web Browser as charts and maps without requiring plug-ins.
- Analysis - Analyses raw data, supports small number suppression, statistically processed data (indirect and direct standardisation, Bayesian smoothing, cluster tests (Kernel, Potthill Whittinghill, Stone))., supports multivariate cartograms, allows drill down to small area and point data.
- Open Source - Developed exclusively in open source software – R, GRASS, PostGIS, Mapserver, Zope3 and CPS.
- The development and production environments also utilize many OSS components – Linux, Xen, OpenLDAP, Subversion, Trac
- Security - Ensures data protection through an information governance framework - role-based access depending on training/skill, agency, and need to analyze or view confidential data.
- Integration – Integrates many disparate datasets and map sets
- Many datasets – census; hospital activity; cancer incidence; road collision locations, mortality, births, perinatal data; vaccine uptake. More being added monthly.
- GeoDirectory (national address database) – generates point data map layers from address lists in csv or MS Excel formats.
- Supports upload of users point or polygon data from many formats
- Multiple map sources - Ordinance Survey Ireland raster, Ortho and Vector maps Map layers: Ordnance Survey Ireland raster (including aerial photography) and vector maps from national to house level.– Worldmaps from free web services - Geological Survey Ireland – Radiology
- Flexible Output – Supports A0 to A4 map outputs in PDF and image formats, report templates, snapshots of queries, table export to csv or Excel
You may register by mail or by phone.
Registration is obligatory.
On first come, first served basis, depending on space availability. Late registration date is Jul13, 2007.
Registration fees are 90 € ( + VAT)
LocationEuropean University Association
Rue d'Egmont, 13
1000 - Brussels
Metro "Porte de Namur / Naamse Poort" or "Trône / Troon"